Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Sadie's First Trip

At just three weeks old, Sadie went on her first road trip.  My friend Bridget got married in northern California and I was determined to get there.  I was feeling very confident as my mom and I started out on our 8 hour drive.  And about 2 hours into the trip...I was wondering if we should turn back.  

Sadie would wake up and in 30 seconds be screaming her head off while we frantically tried to find a freeway exit that was more than just a corn field.  It took 11 hours, and I think my mom and I both probably grew a few gray hairs, but we made it.  My aunt Kathy lives in Modesto and took us all in for a few days. Once we were there Sadie had a great time with her Grandma and Great Aunt Kathy and I had a great vacation from changing any diapers!  

Adam flew up on Friday to be with us and Sadie got to meet our friends Pam and Joni who graciously picked Adam up from the airport.

Sadie attending her first wedding and did very well.  She didn't cry during any speeches and Adam learned what a "chick magnet" having a darling baby is at a wedding.  On the way home we stopped in LA to visit a few more good friends which made it easier to break up the drive back into 2 days.  Although we made it, I think that was my first and last road trip with a newborn.

Learning how to play Indian Poker.
Spending time with Grandma outside.
All pretty in her wedding outfit.
With Great Aunt Kathy
Carl and Bridget the newlyweds!
In the car with her duck friend.

Meeting our wonderful friend Liz.

No comments:

Post a Comment